Despite there being some debate on whether diet plays some role in outbreak of acne or not, we come across many real life examples where reducing intake of oily food has helped a lot in treating acne. Home treatment for acne also takes somewhat similar approach to heal acne. Apart from topical lotions and pastes that can be applied directly on the acne, proper diet care is part of home treatment for acne.
* First and foremost reducing the intake of oily food is recommended for acne free skin. It is common to notice that people who have oily skin tend to have more acne than those with dry skin. Though westerners believe diet has nothing to do with acne, it is one of the most tested methods to control acne in China. They believe digestion is directly or indirectly related to overall functioning of the body. Acne is just a disorder that can be treated with proper diets.
* Drink plenty of water. It flushes the toxin out of the body very effectively and keeps the skin well hydrated.
* Massage with Tea tree oil, lavender oil etc. these oils work wonders for treating acne. Massage before going to bed and wash it the next morning, not only does this method treat your acne but also gives you perfectly toned skin.
* One of the best home treatments for acne is oatmeal paste. Just apply oatmeal on your face and let it dry. Once it is dry, rinse with cold water. It exfoliates the skin completely and cures acne.
* Eat foods that are rich in vitamin E. You can also use vitamin E rich creams that are known to work wonders for acne treatment.
These are some of the age old techniques which are still effective in treating acne. However if you think that above mentioned recipes are difficult to follow, you can always go for natural anti acne treatment which are quite effective and therefore very popular.